Are you looking for a way to promote your app in a more authentic and effective way? Look no further than user-generated content (UGC). A kind of content that has become very popular in the marketing world, and for good reason.
Incorporating UGC into your marketing strategy can provide numerous benefits for your app promotion. If you want to learn more about it, we have created this article especially for you. Follow us through the reading!
What is UGC?
User-generated content is one of the most used marketing strategies in the present. It refers to any content created and shared by users rather than the brand itself; including photos, videos, reviews, and social media posts.
It’s often more authentic and trustworthy to potential customers because it comes from real people, rather than a brand with a vested interest in promoting their product. So, using it can be very beneficial!
Different kinds of UGC
There are many types of UGC that you can incorporate into your app promotion strategy. Some of the most popular include:
- Reviews: Encourage users to leave reviews of your app on the app store or other review platforms. They can provide social proof to potential customers and can help to increase your app’s visibility in search results.
- Social media posts: Invite users to post about your app on social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. This can help increase awareness of your app and can create a buzz around its launch.
- Videos: Motivate users to create videos showcasing your app’s features and functionality. These can be shared on social media platforms, your website, and other marketing channels.
- Contests: Host a contest where users can submit their own content related to your app. This can include photos, videos, or even blog posts. It can help create a sense of community around your app and increase your engagement.
What can UGC help you achieve?
As we said before, incorporating user-generated content into your app promotion strategy can provide numerous benefits. Which can have a positive effect on your brand, but also your customers. Bellow, we have enlisted some of them:
- Increased authenticity: True testimonials and opinions have greater impact and credibility. UCG is often more authentic than content created by brands, and it can help to build trust with potential customers.
- Increased engagement: UGC can increase engagement with your app and can create a sense of community around it. It can improve the feedback you have with your users, but also the one they have between them.
- Increased visibility: This kind of content can enhance your app’s visibility in search results and social media platforms. Good photos, videos and reviews are very popular between users and potential customers!
- Cost-effective: UGC is often much more cost-effective than creating your own content, which can help to save your marketing budget. Also, you can reuse the same content in different platforms or social media.
- More creative content: It can provide a wider range of creative content that can help to showcase your app’s features and functionality in new and interesting ways.
What not to do with UGC?
While UGC can provide numerous benefits for your app promotion strategy, it’s important to use it correctly. Here are some things to avoid when incorporating it into your marketing:
- Using content without permission: Make sure that you have permission from users before using their content in your marketing. This can include reviews, social media posts, and videos.
- Failing to give credit: If you do use UGC in your marketing, make sure to give credit to the user who created it. This can help to build trust with potential customers and avoid any potential legal issues.
- Not monitoring content: Make sure to monitor UGC to ensure that it aligns with your brand values and messaging. This can help to avoid any negative publicity or backlash.
How to incorporate user-generated content into your marketing
User-generated content is a strategy that still has a long way to go and techniques to explore. So, there are many ways to incorporate it into your marketing. Here are some tips for getting started:
- Encourage users to leave reviews: It’s important users leave their opinions of your app on the app store or other review platforms. This can help to increase social proof and can increase visibility.
- Host a contest: Hosting a contest where users can submit their own content related to your app can be a great idea! It can create a sense of community and increase your engagement.
- Share UGC on social media: Social media are a key element in any marketing strategy. Sharing content through them can increase your visibility and improve your engagement. Just make sure to give credit to the user who created the content.
- Create a UGC gallery: Consider creating a gallery on your website where you showcase content from your users. This can help to build trust with potential customers and showcase the benefits of your app.
- Collaborate with influencers: Collaborate with influencers who have a following in your app’s niche. They can help to create UGC and promote your app to their followers. But, make a good analysis of their public and style before doing it!
- Use UGC in ads: Using UGC in your ads to increase authenticity and social proof is crucial. Just make sure to get permission from the user who created the content and give them credit.
Marketing has changed a lot through the years. In the past, neat and well-controlled content could be very effective. But, now, customers want to see products in a more realistic and authentic way.
UGC can generate this feeling. Incorporating it into your app promotion strategy can bring numerous benefits, including increased engagement, visibility, and cost-effectiveness.
However, it’s important to use it correctly and avoid any potential legal issues. By following these tips, you can effectively incorporate user-generated content into your marketing and promote your app in a more authentic and effective way.
Related Posts You Might Like